Tuesday 10 July 2007

How to make strawberries even better


Nigel Slater is my favourite food writer. His books are both a joy to read and pave the way to delicious, easy, uncomplicated food. He writes weekly for The Guardian. And his strawberry recipe that appeared two weeks ago was so good I feel obliged to share. It's dead easy and super delicious. There are loads of cheap local strawberries about right now. Buy them up.

You need
Strawberries
An orange
A lemon
Fresh mint
Granulated sugar

Cut the strawberries in half and put them in a bowl. Squeeze the orange and lemon. Pour the juice over the strawberries. Add some granulated sugar and the fresh, chopped mint. Leave to marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours. Eat. Die with pleasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just bought a lemon and some strawberries, I'm going to make that tomorrow. I hope its sunny, I imagine it'll taste better with sun :)